Monday, November 8, 2010

Academic Blog Mk Eight: So...this is it

Well we have come to end of this blog series to do with Digital Media Cultures...It goes by so fast. Anyway this blog series has been a great help in many ways with the subject I've been doing. It's allowed for a great deal of mulling over the subject material which is great...that and being able to go through some essay ideas and hopefully make a much more refined argument than normal. The only downside from this was the lack of response from fellow classmates, although I must say I didn't comment on anyone Else's blogs so I guess I can't complain about it. Overall I think have these blogs as an assessment is a great way of demonstrating online community, as is the class wiki.

The wiki was a good exercise too, however I don't know how effective it was in creating a back and forth editing system. Alot of the time I found myself not wanting to edit a page because I knew the person who had originally wrote it and didn't want to offend them. Whereas a real wiki has the anonymous factor the ability to see other members made things a little more difficult. Also it didn't really seem to take shape till about week 11 where people really started working on it (including me). However I still think the wiki was a great thing to work on and hope it gets to go online for everyone to see. Overall the wiki was actually the piece I enjoyed working on even though I was hesistant to begin with.

So with that we bid farewell to Academic Blogs and you will be returned to the regular scheduled posts with my review of "The Town" up soon...well after I finish my last essay.

No comments:

Post a Comment